I wish we could all say that we eat the right food, drink enough water, exercise daily, get enough sunshine, practice deep breathing exercises, sleep like a baby and get regular chiropractic adjustments, but we don’t. We live in a busy world. Life happens and people still get sick.
I receive emails and calls every week from individuals seeking help with an illness of some sort. Unfortunately, most clients do not have anything on hand that can assist them. Timing is everything when individuals feel an immune response coming on. Let me explain…
Recognizing when an immune response is happening is key. Feeling off, the nose is stuffy, you’re overly tired, there’s a tickle in the throat or a headache are all indicators that the body needs some support. Unfortunately, individuals often mute these alarms and carry on with life like normal. Left neglected, the body will stop asking for the support it needs and start demanding for it instead.
The lesson here are: listen to your body and take action. The more proactive you are at the first signs of an immune response, the more likely you will quickly rebound. Let’s start with what you can control.
What to do?
1. STOP all refined sugar. Refined sugar shuts down your immune system for up to five hours after consumption. This contributes greatly to the uptick of cold and flu “season”. In my opinion, this isn’t a season. This always comes after a high-sugar holiday. We are sabotaging our health by consuming high amounts of sugar.
2. Drink only water. Cut out all juice and dairy products. Drink half your body weight in distilled (or good filtered) water every day. Your urinary system is a key elimination pathway. Making sure it is flushing properly is important.
3. Stop all processed food. I could park here for a while but for time’s sake, I will explain it this way….. JERF. Just. Eat. Real. FOOD. Remember, our bodies are fighting off infection. It doesn’t need to be fighting off synthetic food, too. Nourish it with nutrients it recognizes.
4. Rest. It sounds cliche, but it is true. Our body heals when we sleep. If we are run-down or not sleeping well, our body isn’t healing. REST!
What to take…
1. Vitamin C. I recommend a high-dose therapy when it comes to immune responses. This therapy is different for each client, but I usually will recommend a client take 1000mg of buffered C every hour until they hit bowel tolerance. This tells them that they cannot absorb anymore C. Vitamin C is water-soluble and high-dose therapies are extremely therapeutic.
My Vitamin C contains Bioflavonoids (also called flavonoids) which are a class of phytochemicals that are potent antioxidants, which scavenge many potentially damaging free radicals. Another aspect of the antioxidant properties of bioflavonoids is their synergy with Vitamin C. The bitter-tasting flavanones hesperidin and naringin, from the white albedo layer of citrus peels, have been shown to extend the nutritional functions of Vitamin C. Bioflavonoids are also capable of binding to metal ions, which prevents these metals from acting as catalysts in the body to enhance free radical production.
2. Vitamin D. I recommend an extra dose of Vitamin D. Most people are D deficient and need help supporting the immune system. Vitamin D testing is widely available to help you know where your D levels are. It is best to work with a practitioner when dosing fat-soluble minerals and vitamins.
Vitamin D is an immune system modulator that supports healthy T Cell and macrophage responses. One of the main functions of vitamin D is to help activate T cells, aka the “killer cells” in the body. T cells detect and destroy foreign pathogens — like viruses.
3. Immune Boosting Probiotics. I recommend a daily probiotic for health maintenance but with an immune response, I have clients up their dose to morning and evening.
Probiotics are fundamentally important for your health. Many healthcare practitioners believe that overall health begins in the digestive tract. Poor digestion compromises all parts of the body because the digestion of food provides fuel for all body processes, organs, and systems. The gastrointestinal (GI) tract also plays a prominent role in immune health.
My Probiotics are a non-dairy probiotic formulation produced from an all-natural source of beneficial microorganisms. It is designed to support digestive tract health and provide ingredients that support proper immune function and microbial balance in adults. They contain some species of the numerous microorganisms that naturally populate the human gastrointestinal tract. Probiotic bacteria, or “good bacteria,” promote a favorable balance of intestinal microflora. The human intestines harbor between 300 and 1000 different species of flora. Some people estimate that there are one hundred billion or one trillion bacteria per gram of colonic content in the large intestine. This mind-boggling amount is ten times as many cells as there are in the human body!
4. ImmunoMax. This supplement gives the body an extra kick to help jump-start the immune system. ImmunoMax is an advanced nutritional supplement that combines two heavily researched ingredients, N,N-Dimethylglycine (DMG) and Galactoarabinan, with a purified D-fraction from Maitake Mushroom and Beta 1,3 Glucans from the cell walls of baker’s yeast in a vegetarian capsule. Immunomax is designed specifically for anyone with a weakened immune system.
5. Smart Silver. I recommend taking 1tsp. up to 5x a day with an immune response. I also teach clients how to use silver with the nebulizer for respiratory treatments.
Smart Silver Smart Silver is a systematic approach to advanced immune support and balanced wellness. Smart Silver has engineered nanoparticles designed to offer more effective therapeutic benefits than traditional colloidal silver.
Having these products on hand and knowing how and when to use them will be a game-changer for you and your family. Again, this is to help an immune response STOP before it has the chance to begin. There are also ]deeper therapies that I help clients navigate through when these preventive therapies have not been put into place. You can order these supplements individually or save money by ordering the Immune Boost Kit Here!
Not a client yet? Let’s change that. All clients of The Fit Farmacy receive 20% off my practitioner line of supplements, botanicals, and herbals. They also receive FREE online concierge service for questions not requiring a consultation.